How to lose weight quickly and effectively is a pressing question for most women and many men. We all want to achieve fast and impressive results at home. However, the overwhelming number of ways that promise this do not satisfy us in the long run and are difficult to endure.
Let's describe what we are doing in search of an effective weight loss program:
- Significant decrease in appetite to avoid suffering from unquenchable hunger
- A reasonably fast rate of fat loss (not just water! )
- Improve well-being - both physical and mental
- Normalization of objective health indicators
For all these reasonable purposes, modern science comes to our aid.
Below we list the main steps for a successful path to a lean and healthy body.
Step 1: severely limit digestible carbohydrates
The most important part of success is removing all types of sugars and starchy foods from your diet - in a nutshell, sweet, starchy, high-GI fruits.
This is due to the fact that this food more actively stimulates insulin production. It is this hormone that is directly related to the deposition of fat in all deposits, of which excess subcutaneous fat seems the most unpleasant.
When insulin levels drop, the body becomes able to use fat stores to generate energy for life.
Another positive consequence is the ability to remove excess water from the tissues, which the kidneys will successfully do as soon as the ubiquitous hormone stops going off scale. Consequently, without special preparations, you will lose that excess liquid that made you more bulky and heavy.
Unsurprisingly, people on a low-carb diet lose up to 4. 5kg in the first week. Often this figure is even higher!
Surprisingly, by reducing the amount of fat in the diet, people still counted calories and were subjectively undernourished (they felt hungry after eating). At the time, no matter how low-carb diets were, followers could afford to eat until they were full.
A pronounced effect of the exclusion of sugars is the fact that hunger is clearly reduced and the feeling of fullness itself comes sooner. This leads to the fact that the diet is followed without excessive volitional effort - on autopilot. Comfortable weight loss is an old dream of millions!
Summary:Reducing carbohydrates reduces blood insulin, reduces appetite, and allows you to lose excess weight without constantly feeling hungry.
Step 2: Eat proteins, fats and vegetables
Consistency is important here - every meal should contain protein, fat, and vegetables.
By following this rule, you will often automatically arrive at the goal of limiting carbohydrates, in the range of 25-50 grams per day.
We define beneficial sources of protein:
- Meat - beef, chicken, turkey, pork, lamb.
- Fish and seafood - zander, perch, salmon, trout, shrimp.
- Eggs - chicken and quail.
The contribution of a sufficient protein intake to the arrangement cannot be underestimated. By increasing the consumption of irreplaceable building materials for our body, we actively accelerate the metabolism.
Research shows other benefits of a high-protein diet:
- According to some data, the reduction in general anxiety reaches 60% (! ).
- Reduction of nocturnal hunger attacks.
- Improvement of the condition of the skin, hair and nails.
When you're wondering how to lose weight fast, it's really worth submitting to the king of nutrients with joy: protein!
We list vegetables with a low amount of carbohydrates:
- White cabbage.
- Brussels sprouts.
- Bulgarian pepper.
- A tomato.
Look at the whole list with a keen eye: here is another secret of a slim and toned body! Don't be afraid to overeat salads! Even 5 large plates of salad per day will not allow you to exceed your carbohydrate intake (25-50 grams per day).
A big plus of such a diet is a large amount of fiber, vitamins and mineral salts, which give the body a wealth of essential nutrients and form a high-quality regular cleansing.
Remembering the healing sources of fats:
- Olive oil.
- Pumpkin seed oil.
- Butter (in moderation).
- And other vegetable oils.
The first two oils should be used unrefined, cold pressed, and not heated during cooking. They contain a harmonious combination of Omega 3, 6, 9 essential fatty acids, which allows our vessels and nervous system to remain strong and healthy for a long time.
Don't make the mistake of many weight loss fans and don't combine both diets into one. You have to choose low carb or low fat. Otherwise, it is very easy to critically cut the diet and make it dangerously poor in composition.
Fractional nutrition shouldn't bore you: 3-4 meals a day, in equal portions. Or 3 main meals and 1 additional meal (2nd breakfast or afternoon snack).
There are tons of low carb recipes waiting for you on blogs and shelves. Make up your mind and follow the advice with confidence! Weight loss and well-being will not be long in coming.
Conclusion:Each meal = protein + fat + low carb vegetables. The target amount of carbohydrates per day is between 25-50 grams.
Phase 3: Athletic gymnastics 3 times a week
This is not a fundamental requirement, but it will be a desirable addition to a successful setup.
It's simple: 3-4 strength workouts per week, according to the classic algorithm, warm-up - weight lifting - stretching.
For starters, it makes sense to turn to a trainer for some personal workouts. Then all the necessary exercises will be explained in detail in real time - along the way. To remember! Weighted gymnastics requires careful technique. This is the only way to avoid injury and get results quickly.
Many studies show an interesting fact. Weightlifting provides not so much a special waste of calories during exercise, but a powerful boost to speed up your metabolism after training - for up to 24 hours!
For young people, muscle gain is also a significant gift.
However, if strength machines, kettlebells, and a barbell are categorically unacceptable to you, focus on moderate-intensity aerobic exercise, continuously for 40 minutes. Fast walking, running, step aerobics, etc.
Summary:The best solution for physical education is strength training with weight resistance. If not, aerobic exercise will also work for success. The important thing is to move! Regularly and actively - 3-4 times a week.
Plus: unloading carbohydrates once a week
For many people, Sunday is the ideal day to expand the menu towards carbohydrates.
When using such a weekend, it is necessary to refrain from too harmful sugars (sweets, pastries, ice cream). But you have a window for healthy carbohydrates: grains (buckwheat, millet, rice), potatoes, fruit.
However, it is worth remembering once and for all - only 1 day a week. By increasing the number of loads, you are moving away from your goal of a lean body with no excess fat under the skin.
Consider another inevitable circumstance: often immediately after loading you will gain 1-2 kilograms. However, upon returning to the normal course of nutrition, this weight will quickly disappear, as it mainly consists of water retained in the tissues.
Conclusion:Once a week, you can (although not required) do a carb tipping in your diet using healthful sources that are rich in fiber and nutrients.
What about the calories and portions?
Attention to all interested parties! Typically, on a low-carb diet, there is no need to count calories and strictly control portion sizes. Intrigued? This idea is based on a healthy logic: in the case of the ideal blend of "protein + fat + vegetable salad from low glycemic index vegetables" it is very difficult to overeat in terms of calories and volume.
But if you desperately want to count calories, use an online calculator, for example using your mobile phone. This is the fastest, most accurate and most convenient way.
Summary:Regardless of your calorie decisions, keep your main goal in focus: cut carbs to 25-50 grams per day and get the rest of your calories from protein and fat.
A few more secrets to lose weight fast
Also take a closer look at 7 scientifically proven tips:
- Drink a lot of water.The acceleration of metabolism and the rate of loss of excess fat mass are the main advantages of an adequate diet. On average, 1 kilogram of weight should contain 25-30 ml of pure water. Use the Japanese method: in the morning, immediately after waking up, we drink 200-300 ml of water. We divide the rest of the water into 3 bottles and take it with us. During sedentary work, we put the bottle on the table in front of our eyes and from time to time we sip. So between meals, you can safely drink the entire daily volume.
- Drink tea and coffee.These drinks have been shown to boost metabolism. Up to 3 teaspoons of coffee without a slide is an acceptable average daily dose for coffee lovers.
- Lots of protein for breakfast.Provides high satiety and a long absence of hunger. It increases the rate of weight loss by up to 36% compared to those who do not enrich their breakfast with proteins.
- Fiber in the diet.Increasing the amount of soluble and insoluble fiber is a direct path to rapid weight loss, even with an emphasis on visceral fat (this is excess fat within the body, a key indicator of which is fat deposition. in the middle of the trunk, especially on the anterior abdominal wall).
- Fat burning products. . . Lists of such products can be found on many sites. In general, this is most often vegetables, green tea, sour milk and some fruits, densely saturated with useful nutrients.
- Small plates. . . The method is simple and works for the most part. Any portion looks solid on a shallow plate. Add a time-consuming cutlery similar to Chinese chopsticks to your plate and your meal time will be greatly lengthened. The satiety signal will have time to enter the brain and you won't have to struggle with yourself to leave the table in time. You will easily stop eating because you will be full!
- Get enough sleep. . . Everything is simple and has long been proven in medicine: the hormone ghrelin increases hunger and is actively produced during periods of lack of sleep. In addition, the production of leptin, responsible for the feeling of fullness, decreases. A chain of subsequent events is inevitable: you do not sleep at least 7-8 hours a day - there is no "willingness" to comply with the restrictions due to a strong feeling of hunger - an excess of fat mass and lack of confidence in one's own capacity. So get enough sleep to break this vicious cycle!
How fast can you lose weight?
In the first week after switching to the nutrition system described above, a person loses 2. 5 to 5 kilograms of their original body weight. In the following weeks, the weight loss rate fluctuates in the region of 1-2. 5 kg.
In addition, the classic rules for a healthy physiology also work:
- Newcomers to dieting attempts lose weight faster.
- For experienced heroes, efforts to lose weight are slower.
- Those with large surpluses also have faster paces than their less fat counterparts.
However, everyone is losing weight!
The first time (up to a week), it is worth considering a somewhat strange state of health. This is an indisputable fact in the passage to the combustion of one's own fat reserves to guarantee the vital functions of the body.
Many people on a low-carb diet report an increase in energy, energy, optimism, no episodes of fatigue and sleepiness, and the stability of these positive manifestations by the day.
Despite many years of dieticians' stubbornness in recommendations for reducing fat, the other way - reducing carbohydrates - leads to quite measurable positive consequences:
- Normalization of blood sugar levels.
- Decrease in triglyceride levels.
- Decrease in low-density ("bad") cholesterol.
- Increased high-density ("good") cholesterol.
- Stabilization of blood pressure within normal limits.
And the happiest perk is that when carbohydrates are low, the diet is easier to follow! That is, mentally, emotionally and physically, you will feel better than if you reduce fat without considering carbohydrates.
Hence, the health benefits are the harmonization of carbohydrate and fat metabolism and good mental and somatic well-being.
You don't have to starve to lose weight!
A separate warning for all people with any type of chronic disease: consult your doctor before going on a diet!
Above, we have listed the main benefits of a low-carb diet. Now you know how to lose weight, and not just quickly, but 2-3 times faster than most balanced diets that require calorie counting and fat reduction.
Medical science has received a lot of evidence that a low-carb diet rebuilds hormone balance in the direction of a fat-burning carrier. We have accumulated evidence to improve overall health. We know hundreds of thousands of reviews about well-being in the process of such a diet, about a high feeling of satiety, about a surge of vitality and increased efficiency. That's why our answer to the question "how to lose weight quickly and effectively at home" is a low-carb diet.